Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bye, Bye Bourbon and Diet Coke!


What next?
One of my all time favorite "alcoholic" libations in the summer is Bourbon and Diet Coke, in a tall glass, with lots of ice and a slice of lemon or lime.
I don't drink much, or often for that matter, but occasionally at a big Horse Show where I am a spectator, not showing, having a horse shown, or working, I have been known to get a bourbon and diet coke. In a tall glass, it doesn't look like a "drink". Maybe one, maybe two at the max, but that would be my horse show drink of choice if I were asked to have a drink.
Well......not after reading this in "The no-Diet Weight loss Solution!" "Eat this..Not That!"
quote..."Skip this classic and you may sidestep the hangover entirely. An Australian study found that mixing liquor with a diet drink nearly doubles your blood alcohol content. And darker-colored slcohols like whiskey, brandies, and red wine are more likely to cause a hangover than lighter-colored alcohols, like gin and vodka. This is because darker liquors contain more congners-impurities that are the by-products of fermentation and agiing--for your body to process".
Damn! I guess I'll have to go with vodka and tonic. Afterall there is that healthy quinine issue!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

Never trust a drink you can see through. Stick with brown.