Friday, October 23, 2009

It's a Girl!...What do you mean it's a girl?




I don't have any girl names picked out yet! Such was the day 36 years ago at Berea Hospital when I gave birth to Sarah Elizabeth Von Duyke.

October 22, I rode a Quarter Horse mare by the name of "Squeeky's Mollie" at Bernice Ferry's Valleywood Farm in a schooling show. Then I went in the house at Bernice's for Dinner.


Hmmm, I am having pains. Hmmm, there's another one. Bernice said "you're not eating any lasagna or anything else for that matter, I think you are in labor!


And so I was. I had my water break at 1:00 in the morning of October 23, 1973 and so off we went to the hospital. Yup, there's a baby in there all right, and she's heading out. Breach to be exact! Feet first, and with her heels down!


Just one pull and she popped out like I was shellin' peas! 3:30 a.m, no long stay in the hospital labor room for me!



She has been "riding" ever since......with her heels down!



Happy 36th Birthday Sis!


(photo above is Sarah on the left, driving Lucious Lorriane at Walnut Hill, Pittsford, New York, August 2009 and photo on the right is Sarah driving Winfield Renasanz (Tyler for short) when Tyler was 20 years old. Tyler was Sarah's first horse, and is still Queen of the Barn today)

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

Hsppy Birthday, dear lucky Sarah.