Monday, October 12, 2009

Farewell to "Miss Kitty"


She did not belong to us. She actually belonged to the neighbors who lived 2 houses east of us, but she chose to
take up residence in the barn owned by the Vaughns'
She was sweet, petite, and very very "purry". She had the loudest purr I have even had. She would spend her winters in the barn and Linda bought Fancy Feast cat food (both dry and canned) for her to eat. She always had a cat feeder on the counter in the barn, always full of dry food, but she got a can of Fancy Feast (or an envelope of Whiska's") twice a day. She would greet me when I went to feed.
In the warmer weather she would come up to the house and lounge around the patio. She was not young, we were figuring about 17 or 18 when she passed this weekend.
I was at a Horse Show, but I asked Tim to bury her. But, Bruce already had. She was the sweetest cat I had ever known, even sweeter than Morton. She acted like she was grateful for any attention, and any special tidbits I would feed her. She had bites of birthday dinners, Sunday dinners, Holiday meals, Turkey and Ham, plus the occasional cottage cheese and milk.
She was "Marshal Dillon's" counterpart.
Safe journey "Miss Kitty" and God's Speed!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

Oh how I hate it when they have to go. Sweet kitty. I remember her well, hanging around on your patio. I'm so sorry. Sitting here blubbering right along with you.