Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thanks for the memories!

This weekend, I am at a Horse Show in Ashland wth Sarah. We were here Thursday afternoon, and yesterday with only Daniel and the horse. Last night, Samantha Sampson arrived. Sam will be riding my mare Zana Bey today in four Youth Classes, riders ages 11-18.

What is so special about this? I get to go to a Horse Show with my daughter!

While the world is toiling away at their nine to five jobs, we get to do what we love.....be with horses!

Now, I am a hard worker, and work long hours in Real Estate, and my other sundry (sp?) ventures, but the horses are my passion.

I rememer a line from the movie "The Rookie" starring Dennis Quaid. He was a High School teacher and baseball coach, that made it through the arduros auditioning for a major league team in his 30's, something unheard of for his age, and he was recruited by the Tampa Devil Rays.

As in any day to day life experience, we get a little down in the mouth and feel like we have chosen a job of drudgery sometimes. Well Dennis Quaid came into the locker room of the baseball team, with players who were all a little negative and said "Do you know what we get to do today? We get to play baseball"!

My friend Linda White has a favorite line. She says "This isn't a dress rehersal...this is the main play"!

It is cold, and it has rained for 48 hours straight.....but do you know what Sarah and I get to do today?
We get to go to a Horse Show!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

Reminds me of a line from an old Harry Chapin song, Mr. Tanner. The subject was music but you could insert the passion of your choice -- "Music was his life, it was not his livelihood, and it made him feel so happy,and it made him feel so good."