Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Winter Wonderland...enough already!


The snow is snowing, the wind is blowing and we watch the icicles form......bull! I have had enough and I don't mind voicing that opinion!
Tim is home today (and yesterday, and the day before, and all the way back to Thursday!) and we just had the "sub" snowplow driver come and make the drive accessible again.
I could only drive out the driveway in my 4-wheel drive truck and up the next door neighbor's drive as far as their house, and then had to walk the rest of the way to the barn. Not that far when it is not snow covered, or when it is plowed, but when it comes over the top of my 18" tall barn boots, that's enough.
I had to pry the barn door open with a long iron bar and break the ice out of 4 water buckets, and haul water by the bucket to the stalls to water two horses.
Miss Kitty came out to greet me from her perch in the hay loft and had to run a little water in a dish for her to drink. Everything is frozen up to it's eyeballs and I have lost my sense of humor.
It is slowly returning, now that I am in the house, and Daniel was dropped off as "school" was out of the question today!
Put on a crockpot of homemade soup, scoped out a new Patricia Cornwell book, and reserved a spot on the sofa. I guess I can't do anything outside, so the guilt of being in the house and inactive like this is starting to subside!
Lucky me!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

It's good to not feel guilty about staying in, but it's also very good to be able to get OUT. Some days it's harder to keep our sense of humor than others.